Friday, June 8, 2007

You Are What You Eat?

When it comes to my family and holidays, food is one of the main components. Every Thanksgiving we have the traditional turkey with all the trimmings. Christmas is a day full of food. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and cinnamon rolls for breakfast; chocolate, cheeses, meats and crackers all day and then a huge ham with all the trimmings for dinner. Not to mention 3 pies, 2 cakes and cookies for dessert. (No wonder I gain about ten pounds over winter.) Although we go over board on these days, I think that all the decadent food and wine we have just adds to the merriment and all of the cooking helps bring us together. I always feel pretty content on those days, but I eagerly return to reality the next day. My family is a joy to be around a couple times a year, but even then they wear me out; and the fact that they stuff me full of 10 pounds of food probably doesn't help.

No comments: